Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011 Present for my Sister In Law


I'm finishing up my Christmas 2011 quilt gifts. Yep, it is now January 2012!

This quilt took 4 generations to complete. This must be a record!
First Generation: My Mother In Law made the quilt top in the 1930's. Love, love the fabrics. It was hand pieced by Lucille.

Second and Third generation: My daughter Amanda (Granddaughter) and I quilted the top.

Four generation: Lucille's great-grandchildren - Kirsten and Quintin were the Nap Testers! Look how sleepy and peaceful the two look.

Unfortunately, since it's taken so long to get this completed including the label and this picture on the back that the cat has had fun taking real naps on the top. Since my  Sister In Law is allegic to cats this will add the final step of washing the quilt before packaging it up to mail. Good thing Janet's birthday is in Feburary. I could count it as both Christmas 2011 and Birthday 2012.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment